Des de dimarts ja ens podem descarregar el PHP 5.0.0, la darrera versió del conegudíssim llenguatge de programació orientat a la creació de pàgines web.
Novetats de la versió:
- The Zend Engine II with a new object model and dozens of new features.
- XML support has been completely redone in PHP 5, all extensions are now focused around the excellent libxml2 library (http://www.xmlsoft.org/).
- A new SimpleXML extension for easily accessing and manipulating XML as PHP objects. It can also interface with the DOM extension and vice-versa.
- A brand new built-in SOAP extension for interoperability with Web Services.
- A new MySQL extension named MySQLi for developers using MySQL 4.1 and later. This new extension includes an object-oriented interface in addition to a traditional interface; as well as support for many of MySQL’s new features, such as prepared statements.
- SQLite has been bundled with PHP. For more information on SQLite, please visit their website.
- Streams have been greatly improved, including the ability to access low-level socket operations on streams.
- And lots more…